Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Harvest Happy: Sweet Potatoes

My husband cringes when I tell him some of the things I'm going to try to hide in muffins to attempt to get extra vegetable goodness into my son.  But I still can't resist.

I roasted some sweet potatoes and pureed them for my baby.  But after filling the ice cube tray, I still had extra.  So I googled recipes for Sweet Potato muffins and I found this recipe which was a huge success at my house.  No one thought they were anything but chocolate chip muffins!

Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Muffins

4 eggs
2 c. sugar
2 c. sweet potato puree
1 1/2 c. oil
1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. white flour
1/2 c. red bran
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt
mini chocolate chips to taste

Mix wet ingredients.  Mix dry ingredients. Stir them together.
Bake about 30 minutes at 375 F.

-Miss Greenish Thumb

1 comment:

katevp-a said...

hee hee.
i like that you sneak vegetables into your husband's food too.