Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Transplants

Yesterday, while Cole played in the sand box, I transplanted my leek seedlings to Tim Hortons cups.





 I wasn't sure if I was supposed to take this opportunity to select the strongest seedling, but I transplanted two in case one of them doesn't fare well in the trauma.
 As a tray or container, I'm using an old plastic drawer from an Ikea dresser I bought about a decade ago.

 I start back to work in a few days, so I thought this might be a good time to transplant my rapini broccoli seeds too. I don't want time to get away from me and then find I didn't do it at all.
 And here are my newest babies - little tomato seedlings.

Check back for updates on all my little sprouts.

~Miss Greenish Thumb~

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Hi Maryann,
Did you trim back your leeks? Just wanted to let you know that you can cut them back an inch or so.
Thanks again for the great post.
xo.
lynnie

Ben and Maryann said...

Thanks for letting us know, Lynnie. This is my sister's post. She signs her posts "Miss Greenish Thumb". I haven't started my seedlings yet, because Ottawa's a little behind in weather and I'm a little behind in time. But "Miss Greenish Thumb" will be happy to know to trim her leeks back by an inch or so. Mary