Friday, April 20, 2012

My Garden to Yours: Tilling Magic

My neighbour Iain offered to borrow his father's roto-tiller and lend it to us so I could till my garden.

Then, one afternoon, he came over and said he didn't have anything to do and could he till my garden for me. I was delighted. And I said I'd love it, but could I please snap some shots for our blog.



It's a magical transformation. Suddenly the hard-packed dirt is uniformly mixed and it's soft and bouncy to walk on. It affords you an intimate look at what your garden dirt is made up of. And I suddenly realized that the years of adding our kitchen compost and bags of cheap top soil and municipal compost and watching our worms work has finally paid off.
It's good soil! FINALLY! I'm itching to get my fingers dirty.

~Miss Greenish Thumb~

My Garden to Yours
My sister and I love to share the joy our gardens and our gardening adventures bring to our lives. We'd love this blog to be a place where you can share your gardening progress too. We want to know how your gardens grow!
If you want to share pictures or stories of your garden with us, link up with our Friday edition of

My Garden to Yours.

Here's what to do:
  1. Anytime this week, write your own My Garden to Yours post on your blog or as a facebook note.  Make sure to link back to Outside at Home in the content of your post.
  2. Click on "Click here to enter" below and follow the instructions.  Easy peasy.


No comments: