Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Harvest Happy: Thai Basil


I discovered thai basil a few months ago in a chinese grocery store.  Except I didn't know what it was, just that I loved its taste.  Amy Proulx identified it for me. 

On Thursday Isaac came home from daycare with a lovely pot of... THAI BASIL!  He painted the pot with his yellow handprints.  I think Julie, his daycare provider, knew I would find this all very delightful.  I think she did it on purpose.

I've decided to put my herbs in big pots on our front porch this summer.  The garden plan is ever-evolving, eh. 

Oh, on another Julie note, at dinner this week we asked Isaac what he did at Julie's house today.  He said he played outside in the backyard.  I said, "Julie's growing vegetables too, isn't she Isaac?"  He said yes and I asked him what she's growing.  "Carrots," he replied, then, "Cucumbers... tomatoes... beans."  He's really paying attention to this vegetable growing business! 

Mary Mary

*Sow, tend, eat, repeat. This Wednesday feature highlights an edible plant we're excited about. It's a fun way to share what's in season as well as our vegetable gardening journeys. In addition to our own reaping, posts are about local farmers' market finds, using up random CSA items... and of course, we like to share yummy recipes. Link up on Wednesdays!*

No comments: