Friday, May 18, 2012

My Garden to Yours: New Edible Flower Bed

For Mother's Day, we went on an outting to the Garden Centre.
I am going to dig up part of our side yard and plant an edible flower garden, of sorts.
 Ontario Blueberry bush, Blue Honeysuckle, rose bush, raspberry bush. (Just for good measure, I also added a few potatoes that were sprouting eyes.)


Mother's Day progress included marking out the line of the flower bed with spray paint, digging up the edge and anchoring plastic trim with tent pegs, then filling in soil around the trim.

Then I planted the plants we bought so they wouldn't go and die on us.






 I transplanted some spearmint from my other flower bed and also a few of my poppies (not seen in these pictures).




Here is the poppy bush in full bloom. It looked like it could spare a few plants, so I stole some away for my new edible flower bed.

Coming Soon: As soon as I can hunt down a good deal, I intend to plant a pear tree in my new flower bed.

~Miss Greenish Thumb~

*We love to share the joy our gardens and our gardening adventures bring to our lives. We'd love this blog to be a place where you can share your gardening progress too. We want to know how your gardens grow!  If you want to share pictures or stories of your garden with us, link up on Fridays!*

No comments: