Monday, May 7, 2012

Zoomin' Bloomin' - Magnificent Magnolias

 Some folks call them tulip trees.
That's what I called them when I was growing up in Owen Sound.
I imagined they went into full bloom especially for me with my late April birthday.
 Not only did I fall in love with the romantic pink flowers they produced and the delicate way they confetti-ed to the ground, but also the brilliant lime-green foliage that followed.
 I used to even say that some day I'd get married under a tulip tree.
I didn't.
But I do have a little piece of that romance blooming right in my front yard since my good friend Joann gave me this beautiful dwarf hybrid version of the magnolia for my birthday last year.

~Miss Greenish Thumb~


*This is a Monday feature, highlighting a plant, tree or shrub (non-edible) that stands out for us for any number of reasons!  Could be we've planted something new, see new buds on a tree or blossoms on a plant; that we've spotted something in a neighbour's yard or during a walk in the woods.  Link up on Mondays!*

No comments: