Thursday, July 26, 2012

Megan's Quilt

Kate, Thom and Isla welcomed Miss Megan Elaine into the world on Monday.
Isla was delivered to our doorstep in the wee hours of the morning for a sleepover while
Kate and Thom went to the hospital.
Kate seemed to be in surprisingly good spirits for being in the throes of labour,
so I took the opportunity to give her her baby quilt. 
Here it is: 


I tried out a couple new things with this one.
I bought a fabric marker and traced some birdies onto white fabric.
I got my inspiration from this YHL reader's project.
I loved how they turned out; although, some of the birds looks a little angry.  Hee hee.


I also did the quilting in diagonal lines.
Very nice effect, I think.


Can't wait to meet you, baby Megan! 

- Mary Mary





3 comments:

katevp-a said...

I love love love Megan's quilt! It is so beautiful, and I love that it has a bird theme to it like Isla's as well.

You have become quite the quilter Mary Mary!

Megan has a grey crib and it looks beautiful lying over it :)

Thank you so much!

Mary said...

This is one of my favourites. You taught me everything I know, Kate, everything I know. - Mary

Melissa said...

Beautiful!