Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Harvest Happy Broccoli



 I have finally gotten the knack of harvesting my broccoli florets before they go to flower. Just remember not to expect them to be "grocery store size". And, in fairness, in grocery stores, broccoli is often bundled together in pairs with a big elastic band.  I think this gives us all the illusion that broccoli heads are bigger than they are.

Mark and I go crazy over broccoli and bacon salad.  And for the harvest you see in the picture above, we just added the chopped broccoli to a creamy garlicky pasta salad (which also had bacon and steak in it).

Note to myself for next year: Give each broccoli plant a square metre to grow in.  The leaves get HUGE and they are so pretty, they could be in a flower bed.

~Miss Greenish Thumb~

No comments: