Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Harvest Happy: Tomatoes

I love that we're harvesting so many tomatoes this year we're able to give some away and we need to think of creative ways to cook with them. 
 
I made this tasty dish last night... grilled veggies on pasta.
 

I cut up 2 zucchini, 2 peppers and half an onion.  I put these on a pan and preheated the oven to 400.

Then I mixed up some olive oil, dried basil, dried oregano, dried rosemary, salt and pepper and four cloves of crushed garlic.  I poured this mixture over the veggies and put it all in the oven for 20 minutes (mixing it up once after 10 minutes). 

Then I sliced up about six medium-sized tomatoes from the garden.  I added these to the veggie mixture and put it all back in the oven for 10 more minutes. 

We ate it on spaghetti pasta with parmesan cheese and some slices of old cheddar.

- Mary Mary

3 comments:

Wisdom Hunter said...

Looks and sounds delicious

Rachelle said...

Thanks for this post Mary! You inspired me to try roasting veggies and we loved it! I made a tahinni/lemon juice sauce to drizzle over it the first time, and a peanut sauce the second time.

Mary said...

Glad to hear that, Rachelle. A peanut sauce sounds very yummy. I'll try it... let me know what you added.
Mary