Friday, March 1, 2013

Elodie the Elephant

Spoiler alert... I made Amelia an Elodie the Elephant for her upcoming second birthday.  She can't read yet, so if no one tells her, we'll be fine.

I got a book called One Yard Wonders and although I have made many quilts, I had never actually cut out a pattern and followed instructions to create a sewing masterpiece.  I started by making my nephew, Isaac, a rocket ship.

And then I made my darling daughter Elodie the Elephant. I made a mistake and used white thread for her. (Apparently the rule that white matches everything doesn't fly in sewing). And it was blatantly obvious on her bottom seam (eh-hem). So I sewed a little skirt for her from scraps I had and used green embroidery thread to attach it to her midsection.





Here she is in all her glory. She's hanging out in Markville near the record collection until March 28th.

~Miss Greenish Thumb~

No comments: