Friday, April 26, 2013

Garden plan

Sylvie and I shared the following email exchange this week:
 
 
From: Sylvie
To: Mary
Subject: garden!


Hey Mary!

Quick question…what are you planting in your garden this year? And where did you get the seeds and plants? I know I am a little late in planning…but just wanted to get some ideas.

Syl
  
From: Mary
To: Sylvie
Subject: RE. garden!
 
You’re totally not too late. I haven’t planned everything yet either.  

We’re making a little cedar raised garden bed in the backyard this year. It’s going to be 3’ x 12’. Actually, it'll be a little smaller than the space I use now. I want to focus on quality instead of quantity. 
 
I’m thinking five tomato plants, lettuce, spinach, kale, swiss chard, beans and peas. I might try strawberries. Maybe carrots. 
 
I might do a bean tee pee. 
 
I have some rhubarb growing in the side of our yard so I’m hoping it’ll be edible this year. 
 
I'm going to stagger things more and try to do lettuce and spinach over and over again throughout the season. 
 
I plan to get my seeds from Ritchie’s. 
 
I’ll probably buy tomato seedlings from there too or maybe from Canadian Tire. 
 
I might do some herbs too… put them in pots in the backyard. I’m thinking basil, mint, thyme, cilantro (your fave!)…

Love Mary
 




 
 
And there you have it, my spring garden plan in a nutshell.  Thanks Sylvie, for helping me get this down. 
 
What are your spring garden plans?  
 
Mary Mary 
 




 


No comments: