Friday, June 28, 2013

Deb's Garden

 
 
This year Deb added a vegetable garden to her back yard.
I asked her if I could photograph it.
But there was so much to look at in addition to the vegetable garden, that I got a little bit distracted.
 Exiting onto the veranda through Deb's back door, we find planters with herbs, easily accessible for kitchen use.
 






 I think Deb said her dad made this swing out of a big wheel.
 

 What a cool use for old windows.
Did I mention Deb is an artist too?
 




 This is the veggie nook.
It's nestled in an alcove between where the house juts out and the shed.
 
 This area used to be a tangle of euonymus, but she's replaced them with hostas and hydrangeas.











 She gave me some of her seeds for "patio zucchini".
What I love about keeping zucchini in a container is that it can't take over your garden.
 




 Thanks for having us.
 
 A fun party game at Deb's place is always Guess-What-This-Contraption is.
Can you guess?
(hint: not a tea pot with four spouts)
 
Bye, Deb.
Thanks for having us.
 
~Miss Greenish Thumb~
 
It's your turn to share a tour of your gardening progress (on your blog or facebook). No matter how flashy or functional, we want to see it.

You have a week to link up to this post!  Remember to link back to this post too!
New updates every Friday.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Oh wow. So much inspiration.