Saturday, July 27, 2013

Mid-Summer Planting

 
This is a late Friday link-up post...
My camera broke down so we ended up buying a new one today.
It was great timing because Isaac and I did some mid-summer planting this afternoon!
 
 
 You can peek back at my earlier springtime garden plan here
I've switched gears a little now.
 
Here's what I planted today: 
 
 
I had some mizuna at my friend's place the other day.  It was so good I decided to plant some with my second round of lettuce.  I love choy sum and bok choy - simple stir fry chinese cabbage and broccoli.  And the herbs I've tried in pots but maybe they'll work better right in the garden. 
 
To back up a little, my spinach has been long done, as well as my peas, so I pulled those up before planting these new seeds.  The peas were so good but I decided not to plant another round to make room for the herbs.  I also finished up my first crop of lettuce. 
 
You can see from the photo above that my beets, swiss chard and tomatoes are doing well.  There are a few carrots coming up too.
 
I plan to build a mini hoop tunnel for my righthand garden.  All of these crops on the right are good with cool weather. 
 
 
Isaac helped out a lot today, which was special.
 
 
The seeds may not be in perfect rows but that doesn't really matter, now does it.
 
 
This one below is of Isaac's garden - it's amazing.  Check out those carrots and tomatoes. 
 

 

 
We'd love to hear how your garden grows.

Every time you link up to our Friday posts in July and August you'll be entered in our end-of-summer giveaway... We'll have a gardening book giveaway at the end of the summer.
Thanks to everyone who's linked up so far! 
 
Take progress pics of your garden and post them on your blog or on facebook.
Remember to link back to Outside, At Home (this post) in your post.
Follow the linky instructions below to add your link to this post and join the Garden Party.
You have from today until next Thursday to link up!
 
- Mary Mary

2 comments:

Peter Hartgerink said...

I haven't looked at your blog in a while. You have really developed it - and your garden is amazing too! Love the pictures of Isaac helping you with the garden. Building memories.

Blessings

Peter

Mary said...

Thanks Peter!